Maryland Stem Festival
The first statewide Maryland STEM Festival (MSF) will be held November 6 through 15, 2015. Consisting of over 100 events hosted across the state of Maryland, the goals of the MSF are to promote inspirational and educational programs in STEM to Maryland citizens of all ages, to showcase Maryland’s STEM achievements, and to further integrate Maryland’s STEM focused programs and institutions with the general community. The Festival website is www.marylandstemfestival.org.
Organizations, school districts, individuals, and businesses throughout Maryland are encouraged to register STEM events and become Event Hosts. Each MSF Host is responsible for planning and executing the registered event including determining the format and content of the event. Interactive, hands-on events designed to engage the audience, are encouraged. Qualified events may include previously conducted events offered during the MSF time period, November 6 through 15, 2015.
The requirements of a MSF Event are as follows:
– Event should be located in Maryland or, if an online event, designed for a Maryland audience.
– Event must occur during the designated MSF week. Events that begin prior to the MSF time frame but culminate during the MSF week are also acceptable.
– Events should be, to the extent possible, interactive, hands-on events designed to engage the audience.
– Event should be free and accessible to the public. Nominal admission fees may be acceptable for non-profits whose admission fee is the main source of revenue. Other exceptions must be approved in advance.
– Event needs to include one or more of the STEM fields as a significant component
The responsibilities of a Maryland STEM Festival Event Host are as follows:
– Host accepts responsibility for the event, including cost, organization, content, staffing, etc.
– Hosts agree to register and promote the event as an official MSF event and include the MSF logo in all advertising and promotional signage associated with the registered event.
– Hosts are encouraged to provide attendees with opportunities to further pursue knowledge about the event topic.
Organizations, school districts, individuals and businesses wishing to host a MSF event should complete the form on the MSF website: www.marylandstemfestival.org/host
The form requests the following information:
– Primary Contact First and Last Name
– Primary Contact Email Address
– Primary Contact Telephone
– Organization Name
– Venue Name
– Venue Address,
– Event Title, Date and time
– 100 word description of the event
Submissions will be reviewed and a response can be expected within two weeks. Accepted events will be posted on the MSF website: www.marylandstemfestival.org/events.
Benefits to Event Hosts include the following:
– MSF logos, letterhead and templates will be available on the website on September 6, 2016.
– The event will be published in a printed program listing all MSF events.
– The event will be promoted using advertising leading up to the paid for by the MSF. Events must be submitted and registered by September 18, 2015 to be included in the program and paid advertising.
– A promotional package, containing marketing materials, will be available to each event host in Mid-October. There will be several pick-up events throughout Maryland for hosts to receive the promotional packages. Mailing arrangements will be made if a host is unable to attend a pick-up event.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
The Maryland STEM Festival is an exciting new venture and gaining recognition across the state.